The Unforgiving Minute: Encore Encore-


“If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!” -Rudyard Kipling

In my previous posts (http://tinyurl.com/8y8gdyf) I have expressed my inclination towards war literature.  But my urge to read more about it never finishes. So once I saw rating of this Epic written by CRAIG M. MULLANEY on Amazon I was interested to get my hands on it. A hard bounded edition over 370 pages is indeed a saga of virtue, valor and victory \0/.

Craig’s story is honest to the core and redefines the true spirit of courage and leadership.  It shows the camaraderie between men living in toughest of conditions which forms the basis of brotherhood and “Hand grenade effect” (http://tinyurl.com/8y8gdyf).

Entire book is divided into three parts “Students”, “Soldier” and “Veteran”  and each takes you towards the preparation of author for the ultimate litmus test “the unforgiving minute”. It is in the end that you understand the meaning of Book. 

Craig tells about his days in training academy, Gruelling Ranger School, His love Meena( interestingly  my mother's name is also Meena :) ), oxford stint ( yes dude is erudite) and not to miss “War”. I was amazed when author explains the way teaching works in Oxford totally different from how it works in India, about his super cool/nerd/drunk peers, long distance relations ships/humvees  and things which only can be learned in the war. You feel the pain of author when he lost on of his men in the war and understand what his soul is going through. The time when he gives a walk over to students about the condition felt in war is truly amazing.  You have to read it to feel it.

My rating 12/10. 

“An interesting life," Yingling told me, "is one filled with controversial successes punctuated by occasional and spectacular failures.”  Craig M. Mullaney, The Unforgiving Minute: A Soldier's Education. Food for thought. I agree with this.
Stay Young Stay Raw!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy