My book recommendation: v1

Short-listing few books from Plethora of awesome books  available in the universe is a daunting task. I must confess finding  a great book to  read is usually a difficult thing for me. Recommendation engine of GoodReads and Amazon are my brothers in arm for this. Hidden helps come from some of my friends like AmericanObama who has an eclectic taste and some other modes as well which serves as my lifeline. So I will try to list down the books, which I think must be read by all in lifetime at least once. Some of them are well known and some are hidden gems. So let’s start:- 

1. Open by Andre Agassi : 
Stop Thinking! Start Feeling!

I have to admit this book started my inclination towards reading and I discovered that books are awesome and must be read  to keep my brain working. Andre Agassi is a world famous athlete and he takes you through his journey in the most honest way. Brooke shields and Steffi Graf do account for the attraction but it’s something else that will keep you hooked across 300 pages. It gives you insight into mind of champion, dedication and discipline required to become a world class athlete. Most important  the mental strength needed to bounce bank from 141 ranking in singles to rank 1. It shows that human will is indomitable when used in right direction. It boasts of lovely quotes and no doubt some funny moments, rather a lot of them accompanied by brilliant narration. 



  2.  THE FountainHead by Ayn Rand: 

'I could die for you. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you.'

A masterpiece written by Ayn Rand well ahead of times. I always feel excited when I am around people who like to revolutionize things and that’s exactly  what holding FountainHead feels like. I felt like a met my brother from another mother born in 1930. To this date I  wish if I have read it in my college days when I felt like Howard Roark.  It teaches a person to stand by own beliefs and set of values when the entire world is against you and abhor conventional wisdom. Youth can relate to this book in unparalleled way. Often young people complain that no one understand their thinking but reading FountainHead makes you realize that the wild streak, the dogged determination  and  ability keep your head high when the tide is against you was ever-present. This books is and was a “History in Making”. Readers Delight!!  Read Full review here.

 3.    Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer:
“It's not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong.” 


Jon Krakauer is one of my favorite author and I am a big fan of his research and the way he connects the story with strict no –nonsense approach. It’s a real life account of Christopher Johnson McCandless who stopped communicating with his family, gave away his college fund of $25,000 to Oxfam, and began travelling across the Western United States, later abandoning his 1982 Datsun. John McCandless was a well read, highly qualified young man who was looking for something bigger than what world around him has to offer and was a ardent believer of the fact that  very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. There is a school of thought which goes against him and often labelling him  as cocky, high head ignorant young man but I totally oppose it. Once you look the world through Christopher’s eye you will understand him. This incident took place in 1992 and I feel sorry for myself that I came to know about this in 2012. That;s how uneducated I am even in this era. That’s why I said finding a good book is often a difficult step.

 More to come in next post till then stay tuned :









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him