Amazon service in India: From a bibliophiles perspective

When Amazon was about to launch in India I was very excited. Earlier I had bought stuff from Flipkart and was waiting for the international e-commerce giant to come to India. Usually I buy books and lot of them. They have extensive catalogue of books and a superb search mechanism. Till this date I have ordered lots of stuff from Amazon, I will share the pro's and cons which I felt.

Pros

  1. Great collection of books. You can read reviews of books which are on amazon.com as well to get a hang of what international audience thinks. 
  2. Nice mobile app and speedy website. 
  3. Brilliant customer support as of now. You tweet them /give them a call they are prompt to reply.Educated customer representatives are there. Once I ordered nexus tablet 2012. I remembered on product detail page they have written head-phones in the box but when tablet arrived it didn't have one. So I called their support staff, they were prompt to reply and refunded INR 800 to me. No strings attached, it was that simple. 
  4. Good Delivery team. I stay in Chandigarh. There staff is cordial and carry machines with which transactions can be done using debit/credit cards.
  5. Competitive Pricing when compared to other book stores. I will say its one of the best if you want to buy books. For other categories they are still coming up.
  6. Some super cool book sale where I go mad and want to purchase everything. #greedisgood 
Cons:-


I can't think of much when it comes to Amazon. Lately I have observed some of the books they send are old as it already has pencil scribbling done on it by some other reader or in some cases I received books which have dusty jackets. It has happened me with only one or two times but I won't call it a pleasant experience.

Overall Amazon is a great place to buy stuff and I hope they bring some cutting edge revolution in India. Oh did I mention I am looking to buy one kindle, any philanthropist reading this please gift me one ;)

Haven't tried it yet try now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy