Sadhguru: More than a life

Sadhguru: More Than A LifeSadhguru: More Than A Life by Arundhathi Subramaniam

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Lately there have been a lot of chaos around "gurus" in India. I picked up the book after reading Autobiography of a yogi and Apprenticed to a Himalyan master. I expected this to fall under the same standard but somehow something was missing when compared to my earlier reads. Sometimes the book seemed to me like a PR statement for "Isha Foundation". There are a lot of good things which have been listed in book but somehow I was unable to connect. I read a lot of controversies about the man being referred in book on internet. There was a time in mid when I didn't want to carry on reading the book but I wanted to listen to the complete point of view of author. May be it's a third person narration becuase of which I couldn't keep up the interest. There are lot of good points which are made in the book and "Sadhguru" is an excellent orator as seen on lots of videos on internet. I hope the man comes up with his own autobiography. So you will enjoy reading it but if you look more you will find much better books which gives greater insight on yoga/ Karma/re-incarnation and  also discusses more about the first complete yogi Lord Shiva.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy