Ken Robinson: Changing education paradigms: My take


I was walking on Sukhna lake, Chandigarh  one day with my friends RD and AS .As we were talking about life, love and chicks as usual. Suddenly the intellectual monk in RD came alive and he enlightened us with a person called Sir. Ken Robinson and one off his top ten speeches of TED where he says that current education system is focused on industrial revolution and is junk. This statement made a impact in my mind. I came home, got involved in the mundane stuff. One day my subconscious mind told me to watch the TED Video. I goggled it, I saw it and decided that it should be on my blog. So here it is.

From the very moment video starts it will grab your attention. A plain white canvas with screeching sound of pen and wonderful imagination. I loved the moment when he says that the education system divides people broadly into 2 category  successful and unsuccessful the latter being fellows who are not good in academics and they think forever in their life that if I had studied well in my school I would have been at a different place. Well that’s certainly not the case and Sir. Ken reaffirms my believe. Similarly there are moments when he says that as you grow you become less innovative as all of us are given dose of mundane,. rote education.
In a section of video Ken he asks that supporter of traditional education asks that why do we need to lower down the standard by not following the conventional path. I ask that what is the standard. If mugging up books and spilling the same in exams is the standard then the standard deserves   boots two asses. After watching it I realize there are some questions in life which you should ask yourself at a certain age. But I look around myself I saw the same assembly line mentality. A child does not know what to do, their parents throwing them into a assembly line, education institutes producing herds of ships. I think solution lies in not killing the uniqueness but making it shine out of the rest. That is when once can think about all the amazing concepts as shown in the video and even better. Watch it to know more, learn more and create new neurons in the brain. School kills creativity and there is no doubt in it. Even colleges and dull workplaces do the same effect. 

This post is dedicated to my friend Rohit Dogra person ahead of his time  https://twitter.com/rohitdogra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy